Sunday, November 1, 2015

Long Run #2

Yesterday I woke up excited to head out the door for a twelve mile run. The excitement vanished when I stepped outside with my dog and faced 38 degrees and a frost. I'm not going to lie it's hard for me to motivate myself when it is not 80 degrees and sunny which is my preference for running. Then all it takes is to think about the reason I am running and my DFMC family that I well see in January for weekend long runs. I need to be ready to keep up!!! That being said I began my run in layers and soon realized I overdressed finishing in a t-shirt with my gloves, hat, and vest scattered all over the road I was running on. It turned out to be a beautiful day! 
Today I thought a lot about all of the people who have supported my run but most importantly all the people that want to make a difference in the fight against cancer. Many of the letters and emails I receive from people tell a story of someone they want me to run for. It's overwhelming at times to think of so many people and even pets that are affected by this disease. So yesterday I dedicated my 12 miles to all the people that are on my jersey every year on marathon day. 

The day ended with good friends and lots of kiddos excited for Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment